செவ்வாய், 10 ஜூலை, 2018

Mother Teresa


“What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.” 

When I read this magical sentence, I could not but admire the profound Wisdom that’s hidden behind that wrinkled face of Mother Teresa. Those were not mere words of advice but practical way to start the World Peace right within the four walls of our homes. She thinks globally but acts locally. Her plans of works of mercy spread worldwide but she starts caring for people right under her roof. It’s the most powerful work strategy Mother used all through her life. She invites all of us to start being humane right from where we are. We don’t need to look for occasions to help but ‘want of our care’ is in need galore. We need to be little more open to our surroundings that can put us right in contact with the people who deserve our kindness.

Her kindness was utterly simple and incredibly powerful in achieving her ends. She said very often in her meetings with Donors and Benefactors that at the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done. But we will be judged by "I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat, I was naked and you clothed me. I was homeless, and you took me in.” This is the biblical truth that drove her crazy towards loving the poor and embracing the downtrodden and forsaken, even to the point of shedding her comfort zone away.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” 

கருத்துகள் இல்லை:

கருத்துரையிடுக